Board of Directors
Position Description and Mission
As a recognized constituency within the Mansfield University Office of Alumni Affairs & Advancement, the primary purpose of the Association is to promote and advance the mission and goals of Mansfield University (hereinafter referred to as the "University") with programs and services that engage alumni in relationships that enhance and support the growth and success of the University. Acknowledging alumni as vital stakeholders, the Association seeks to build relationships by:
- aligning Association program goals with the mission, values, and vision of the University.
- collaborating with internal and external constituencies to generate resources for the University.
- facilitating alumni engagement and relationships through inclusive programs and volunteer opportunities.
- utilizing technology, digital and print media to provide regular communication to the alumni community.
- recognizing students, faculty, staff, and alumni who make critical contributions to the Association, the University, their profession, or society, in general.
- providing strategic counsel to University leadership, staff, and faculty.
The responsibilities of the Mansfield University Alumni Association Board of Directors are to:
- attend (virtually or in-person) all alumni association business meetings.
- strive to attend (virtually) all special meetings and monthly/bi-monthly huddles.
- support the University through annual giving.
- regularly attend and support University and alumni-related programming and events.
- assist with planning, executing, and assessing alumni programming and events.
- collaborate with University staff to identify opportunities for program development and philanthropy.
- actively participate in and lead committee work identified through the board.
- exercise loyalty toward the board and maintain confidentiality regarding University and internal affairs.
- assist the University staff with identifying future alumni leaders, speakers, and volunteers.
- serve as an advocate for the University.
Members of the Mansfield University Alumni Association Board must be a member of the Alumni Association.
Every graduate of the Mansfield University of Pennsylvania or its predecessor institutions is a member of the Association. Former students of the University who have earned at least 24 credits and whose entering class has graduated are members of the Association. There shall be an honorary alumni membership, and candidates shall be presented through the Awards and Recognition Committee to the Board for election. Honorary Alumni shall have the same rights as members of the Association.
All interested parties who meet the above membership criteria must complete the below application for board consideration.
- The board will be comprised of 18 voting members, representing various skills, expertise, and experience. The 18-person board includes the executive board (e.g., President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary).
- A board member will lead each Association Committee; however, committee membership may include non-board members.
- Directors are elected for a 3-year term with an option for a second, three-year term. Elections take place annually in June or by emergency appointment.
- Business meetings are held three times a year and may be attended in a virtual capacity.
- Members are responsible for their own arrangements associated with travel and accommodations. At this time, the association is unable to offer reimbursements for such expenses.